Renew your look and refine your skills with this beautiful shawl kit. Anica is a fun and very easy little shawl. It is worked sideways with clever shaping which results in long narrow symmetrical tips. Mostly knit in garter stitch with pretty eyelets adorning the one side and picots the other.
Designed by Alina Appasova and featured with the exquisitely hand dyed UrthYarns Uneek Fingering yarn. Your needles will thank you for sinking them into this extra fine merino wool yarn and your friends will love your new look and that will keep you warm and stylish year round!
This Kit Includes
• Downloadable PDF file for the Anica Shawl Pattern - The file will be in your customer account after purchase
• Each kit includes 2 skeins of UrthYarns Uneek Fingering Yarn
The finished project photo is knitted in Uneek Fingering 3007
*Please note that due to the nature of hand-dyed yarn, no two skeins are alike so your results may vary from the photos shown.
• Craft: Knitting
• Suggested yarn weight: Fingering
• Gauge: 22 stitches and 46 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch
• Suggested needle size: 6 US (4mm)
• Total Yardage: 800 yards (732 m)
• Color: UrthYarns Uneek Fingering (2 skeins)
The Anica Shawl Kit pattern is included with this kit and will be made available for you to download immediately after checkout and you will also be separately emailed a link to download the pattern at your convenience.
All patterns purchased individually, or with our kits are always available for download from your My Account page.
Click the Link(s) below to purchase this pattern separately at Ravelry.
Anica Shawl Kit Pattern - Ravelry
UrthYarns Uneek Fingering - 2 Skeins Included
• Fiber Content: 100% Hand-Dyed Variegated Extrafine Merino Wool
• Yardage per skein: 435yds (400m)
• Skein weight: 100-gram skein
• Gauge: 7.0 to 8.0 sts = 1 inch
• Suggested needle size: US 1-3 (2.25mm - 3.25mm)
• Hook Size: B (2.25mm) - E (3.5mm)
• Texture: Plied
• Care: Machine Washable
About Urth Yarns:
All our collections are crafted meticulously by the hands of talented women in our Mersin and Istanbul studios. We also strive to create means to employ as many as we can through our sample-making program. In a world of machinery and mass production, the passionate, skillful, and most importantly human touch of these women maintains the authenticity, sincerity, and responsibility that Urth as a brand stands for.
In our mission to sustain and give back, we have partnered with Trees for the Future, helping them keep the planet clean and green by making sure our business is a means to that goal. Thanks to this vital collaboration, the sale of each skein of Urth Yarns plants a tree as part of the #knitoneplantone movement.
The feeling of comfort, warmth, and safety brought by a strand of wool, a soothing meditation through the calm practice of hand crafts, motivates us day after day while driving us to work tirelessly to create designs that reflect the beauty of our planet.