Cheviot Wool Roving Top (1 lb / 16 oz) | 30 Microns, Natural Undyed, Cleaned and Combed Core Wool
Free Shipping for orders $75 or more | 30-Day Hassle Free Returns
- 1 lbs. Natural, Undyed light cream / off-white wool roving from the Cheviot sheep, with cruelty-free, environmentally safe practices in the UK.
- 27-33 micron Cheviot Wool combed top. Cheviot wool has a distinctive helical crimp, which provides highly desirable resilience and durability on its own, or when blended with our Merino , or Corriedale roving wool tops.
- This cheviot wool roving is dense with a long staple length of 3 - 5 inches and springy to the touch.
- WOOL CHARACTERISTICS - Breed: Cheviot, Staple Length: 3 - 5 inches (roughly 100 mm), Micron Average: 27 - 33
- Approximately 16 ounces of Pure cheviot wool roving wool. May vary up to +/- 0.3 oz.
Premium Grade Undyed Cheviot Wool Roving Top
Cheviot is lovely and popular wool that is a wonderful all-purpose fiber loved by spinners, weavers, felters, knitters and crocheters around the world. This is premium grade, fine and softer than most other cheviot wools. Cruelty-free sourced, this reliable multipurpose wool is a pleasure to spin, knit, crochet, weave or felt.
Famous for it's crispness & durability with significant loft and distinctive crimp, cheviot wool is the optimal wool choice for sweaters, socks, blankets and other household textiles. This roving wool produces an excellent fiber quality for quick felting.
Much like corriedale wool, cheviot roving is a medium fiber with a width of around 26-33 microns, and with a relatively good staple length of between 4-5 inches. It has a very well-defined crimp, and it makes a wonderfully bouncy DK or heavier weight yarn. While felters love it for its ability to easily needle felt & wet felt, knitters, weaver and crocheters will love it for its grippy-ness; colorwork and weaving done with Cheviot won’t slip around or become loose.
- Staple length 4 – 5 inches (roughly 90 mm)
- Micron count 26 – 33
- Ethically sourced
- Cruelty free, environmentally safe processing
- Gentle to the touch and makes a wonderfully bouncy DK or heavier weight yarn
- Preferred by beginner and advanced crafters alike
- Hand-spinning with a spinning wheel or drop spindle for your next knitting or crocheting project
- Create socks, hats, gloves, shawls, rugs, and other housewares
- Create chunky jumbo yarn arm-knit blankets and/or pet beds
- Great for weaving and tapestry art projects
- An ideal material for needle felting and wet felting projects