Get your Sidekick with a flyer or—if you already own a Schacht Matchless, Ladybug, or Flatiron—without. These wheels all use the same flyer, bobbin, and whorls.
The Sidekick is Schacht’s travel spinning wheel. It’s designed to fold easily yet be a solid spinner.
- Folds to 21.5″ h x 8.25″ w x 15″ d.
- Integrated storage of bobbins, flyer, and whorls for transport.
- Ratios from 4:1 to 13:1.
- Long, comfortable treadles.
- Uses the same bobbins, whorls, and flyer as the Schacht Matchless, Flatiron, and Ladybug wheels. The Sidekick can be purchased without the flyer if you already own one of these wheels..
- Employs Scotch tension with precise control knob.
- The drive wheel spins on ball bearings. The flyer turns on self-aligning bearings.
- Drive band tension adjuster allows for all whorls to be used with one drive band.
- Wheel Weight: 13 lbs.
- Open: 27.25" h × 18" w × 15" d
- Folded: 21.5" h x 8.25" w x 15" d
- Orifice Height: 25″ orifice height for comfortable spinning
- Orifice Diameter: 3/8"
- Drive Wheel Diameter: 13.7"
The Sidekick comes with 3 travel bobbins, fast and medium whorls, threading hook, adjustable carrying strap, and durable carry bag.
||Slow Speed Whorl
||4:1 and 4.8:1
||Medium Speed Whorl
||5.7:1 and 6.8:1
||Fast Speed Whorl
||8.0:1 and 9.0:1
||High Speed Whorl
||10.0:1 and 12.0:1
||Super High Speed Whorl
||11.0:1 and 13.0:1