This medium coarse wool fiber is tastefully bulky with a nice spring and plenty of natural texture, making it a great spinning wool.
'Striken' refers to the natural unique coloring where the white base wool has black and brown fiber strands running through it. This creates a textured cream color that can appear stunningly natural.
About the breed:
Scandinavian Mountain Wool is one of the oldest sheep breeds in the world, descended from the primitive breeds of Norway and Sweden. The Scandinavian Mountain sheep evolved from the wild short-tailed sheep. They are small sheep with dual coats that are accustomed to grazing in sparse lands along the coasts of Northern Europe.
The wool fibers are approx. 33-36 microns and 80-120 mm long, which makes it suitable for crafts in which good resilience is required. A great wool for hand spinning, hand felting and many other craft uses.
- Staple length 3 – 4 inches (roughly 100 mm)
- Micron count 33 – 36
- Roving Length approx 16 yards per 1 lb
- Top / Roving Width 1 inch
- Ethically sourced
- Cruelty free, environmentally safe processing
- Gentle to the touch and makes a wonderfully bouncy DK or heavier weight yarn
- Preferred by beginner and advanced crafters alike
Popular Project Uses
- Hand-spinning with a spinning wheel or drop spindle for your next knitting or crocheting project
- Create socks, hats, gloves, shawls, rugs, and other housewares
- Great for weaving and tapestry art projects
- An ideal material for needle felting and wet felting projects