100% Pure Mulberry Silk Worm Cocoons 1 OZ. (approx. 80-110 Cocoons) - Perfect for Jewelry Making, Making Silk Hankies, Felting and Facial Exfoliation
Free Shipping for orders $75 or more | 30-Day Hassle Free Returns
- 1 Ounce. Revolution Fibers, Grade A Quality, 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Cut Cocoons (Roughly 80-110 Cocoons) - They are a beautiful white, with a gorgeous sheen. Perfect making Hankies, Felting, Wet Needle Felting, Jewelry making, and other mixed media projects and crafts.
- Whole 100% Mulberry Silk Worm Cocoons that have been cut at one end with the pupa removed. These cocoons are ideal for felting projects, Making 3-dimensional shapes or unique embellishments to garments and more.
- These cocoons are not de-gummed and will need to be before spinning or reeling. To remove the gum (sericin) boil the cocoons for 15-30 minutes with washing soda and soap, do not use laundry detergents, or soaps containing sodium lauryl sulfate, which can harm the silk. This removes the sericin from the cocoons and makes them soft and able to be stretched into hankies, caps, or reeled straight off the cocoon. You can find some handy instructions here.
- Use as a facial exfoliator. Sericin, which is removed during the de-gumming process is rich in many of the ingredients, notably serine, aspartic acid, and glycine, that you probably already use in your skin care regime! Simply soak in warm water for about 15-20 minutes to release the sericin, and put on your finger to easily clean all those little nooks and crannies on your beautiful face.
- Natural Cocoons can be easily dyed, painted, used in jewellery making (earrings, necklaces and beading), and another mixed media craft projects.
- These silk cocoons are 100% natural and organic. Due to this, they may contain a degree of debris that requires cleaning prior to beginning projects.